Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
21 January 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more a timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 13 December 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,285,030 total paid jobs (down 11,350 or 0.49 percent)
- 117,860 paid jobs in primary industries (up 1,180 or 1.01 percent)
- 426,470 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 550 or 0.13 percent)
- 1,684,410 in services industries (down 9,630 or 0.57 percent)
- 56,290 in unclassified industries (down 2,340 or 3.99 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,073.54 (up $15.54 or 1.47 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: