Source: Health Quality and Safety Commission
PMMRC webinar: Doing things differently
- Event start: 23 Feb 2021 12:30pm
- Event end: 23 Feb 2021 2:00pm
- Location: Online webinar
At this webinar the Perinatal and Maternal Mortality Review Committee (PMMRC) will present perinatal and maternal mortality and morbidity data from its 14th Annual Report.
We will share examples of work in the maternity sector highlighting where things are working well. We’ll also talk about changes that can be made to improve experiences and outcomes for mothers and babies in Aotearoa New Zealand.
The programme outline is available below. We expect to release the full programme on Monday 1 February 2021.
- overview of the PMMRC 14th Annual Report findings
- Te Wananga o Hine Koopu ki Te Taitokerau: kaupapa Māori perinatal programme for whānau in Te Tai Tokerau
- maternal mental health in New Zealand
- neonatal encephalopathy (NE): Recognising mild to moderate NE and other key messages
- imagining a perinatal bereavement pathway
- challenge/wero to the sector: from the PMMRC 14th report a challenge to give priority to implementing the numerous previous recommendations of the PMMRC
Who should attend?
Anyone who is involved in maternity and neonatal care including:
- midwives (hospital and community)
- neonatal nurses
- general practitioners
- mental health service providers
- Ministry of Health
- district health board (DHB) leaders including general managers and directors of Māori health at DHBs
- chief executives and heads of departments
- colleges and maternity groups including New Zealand College of Midwives, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Nga Maia Māori Midwives Aotearoa.
For more information about the event, contact Jo Sorasio by emailing MRCSecretariat@hqsc.govt.nz.