Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites will be in place along State Highway 30 / Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua next week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected as a result of these works and may be significant at times. Where possible, the most disruptive work will be done at night to reduce the impact on motorists, while other work will require traffic management during the day.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – contractors are continuing work on the new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street. At all times northbound traffic on Sala Street remains down to one lane at the Sala Street/Te Ngae Road intersection. Outside of peak hours, the westbound traffic on Te Ngae Road may also be down to one lane. Delays are expected as a result of the westbound closure.
Contractors will also be installing a watermain and completing the construction of a shared service trench on the eastbound side of the road (outside Puarenga Park). Traffic may be down to one lane outside peak hours from Monday 7 September at 9am to Friday 11 September at 3pm.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Repco at all times, Monday to Friday, while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder and footpath closure will be in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Redwoods – minor delays are expected between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while watermain installation and shared path preparation and construction works take place outside the Redwoods area (between the Redwoods Centre and Puarenga Stream).
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills – the intersection of Allen Mills Road and Te Ngae Road will be closed from Saturday 5 September at 7am until Tuesday 8 September at 7am, to allow contractors to complete multiple service-related works across the intersection.
All businesses on Allen Mills Road will remain opening during this time, and access to Allen Mills Road will be available off Vaughan Road. Toyota can also be accessed from their entrance on Te Ngae Road.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills to Iles Road – a shoulder and footpath closure will be in place on SH30 between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while service-related work is completed.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road, and outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites, though we recommend using the footpath on the northern side of Te Ngae Road, as sections of the footpath on the southern side have been removed outside Neil Hunt Park and the Redwoods Park. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: