Taupō gets revved up for Supercars

0
3

Source: New Zealand Transport Agency

Motorsport fans heading to the 2025 ITM Taupō Super 440 event next month should plan ahead and be prepared for heavy traffic on the roads as people and vehicles converge in the central North Island. 

The event will be held at Taupō International Motorsport Park from Friday 11 to Sunday 13 April with an expected crowd of over 67,000 over 3 days, which is expected to be bigger and better than last year. 

“We’re expecting to see heavy traffic volumes in and around Taupō over the days of the Supercars Championship,” says Andrew Brosnan, Journey Manager for New Zealand Transport Agency Waka Kotahi in the Waikato. 

“All non-essential maintenance activity will be paused on SH1 and SH5 in the central North Island over this period, however there may be some active work sites with temporary speed limits in place. Please take care and stick to the posted speed,” Mr Brosnan says.  

“Anyone travelling on State Highways 1 and 5 through the central North Island should allow plenty of time, and check journey planner for the latest traffic conditions.” 

Journey Planner(external link)

When spectators arrive in Taupō, parking for the event at the Motorsport Park is only available using the SH1 Interchange with Centennial Drive. There is no access from SH1 onto Broadlands Road. Traffic Management will be in place to help guide spectator vehicles and manage traffic flows. 

A park and ride service for ticket holders will be available at Kaimanawa Reserve on Rifle Range Road.

More information about park and ride service(external link)

2025 ITM Taupō Super 440 event access information(external link)

MIL OSI

Previous articleRelease: Myanmar junta must stop the airstrikes
Next articlePatterson leads the running of the sheep at the Great NZ Muster