Source: Covid-19 New Zealand Government Announcements
The three cases, all part of the same New Plymouth household, all have a known link to an existing case in Rotorua.
The Ministry is providing an out-of-sequence update to encourage testing and vaccination in Taranaki tomorrow when testing and vaccination centres reopen.
The Ministry is encouraging anyone with symptoms, no matter how mild, to get tested.
Testing centres coordinated by Taranaki DHB will be open for longer hours starting tomorrow at 8am in New Plymouth. The DHB’s testing centres will also be operating extended hours through the weekend, including operating its South Taranaki testing centre based in Hawera hospital in Hunter St, Hawera.
The Ministry of Health continues to encourage anyone who is still to receive either their first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine to act without delay and get vaccinated promptly.
Testing locations in Taranaki
- Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth (Access to testing clinic off Tukapa Street)
Hours: Friday (3 December): 8am-8pm, Saturday/Sunday (4 and 5 December): 8am to 4pm
- MediCross Urgent Care & GP Clinic, Egmont Street, New Plymouth
Hours: 10am to 4pm, 7 days a week.
- Phoenix Urgent Care & GP Clinic, 95 Vivian Street, New Plymouth
Hours: Phoenix is open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 2pm Sunday.
Testing hours are determined by demand and testing by appointment.
- Hāwera Hospital, Hunter Street, Hāwera
Hours: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (3 to 6 December): 9am to 3pm
- Waitara Health Centre, 26 Grey Street, Waitara
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm.
- Ōpunakē Health Centre/Coastal Care, 26 Napier Street, Ōpunakē
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.