Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
25 November 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 17 October 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,296,960 total paid jobs (down 690 or 0.03 percent)
- 104,950 paid jobs in primary industries (up 2,210 or 2.15 percent)
- 436,110 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 2,680 or 0.62 percent)
- 1,699,360 paid jobs in services industries (down 2,980 or 0.18 percent)
- 56,540 paid jobs in unclassified industries (down 2,610 or 4.41 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,108.00 (up $8.00 or 0.73 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: