Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
3 June 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 25 April 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,272,970 total paid jobs (down 630 or 0.03 percent)
- 102,000 paid jobs in primary industries (down 480 or 0.47 percent)
- 429,290 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 260 or 0.06 percent)
- 1,680,670 in services industries (down 810 or 0.05 percent)
- 61,010 in unclassified industries (up 410 or 0.68 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,096.15 (up $11.54 or 1.06 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: