Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/ Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua this week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected at times and motorists are advised to plan for these delays and allow extra time for their journeys.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 23 May:
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge underpass – The Puarenga Bridge underpass remains closed until early June due to unforeseen construction issues.
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge – A slight lane shift will be in place as contractors work to widen the sections of footpath on either side of the bridge to connect with the new shared path. Lane closures may also be in place during off peak times.
- State Highway 30, Median, East of Puarenga Bridge – Contractors are working in the median east of the Puarenga Bridge as they construct the turning bay opposite Hume Pine. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street to Vaughan Road – The shared path on the northern side remains closed for public safety due to substantial delays upgrading services along this section. Shoulder/lane closures may occur during off-peak times as a result of this work.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Roundabout – The final temporary roundabout remains in place near the Redwood Centre as contractors complete the remaining sections of road before the signalised intersection is installed in June.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Road – Contractors continue installing the new watermain along the inside of the footpath. Traffic management will be in place and may include off-peak Stop/Go operations. The footpath will remain open.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road to Iles Road – The eastbound left-hand lane remains closed on this section while contractors complete driveways, shared path and garden works. Pedestrian access through this section is for business access and residents only as there is no through access to Rotorua CBD. See below map for Pedestrian access routes.
Temporary speed limits of 30km/h or 50km/h are in place at the above work sites, including when workers are off-site.
Pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use the signalised crossings at either Sala Street or Iles Road, and the temporary pedestrian crossing at Tarawera Road.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: