Source: Health Quality and Safety Commission
Sponsored spaces available for AICG online certificate in clinical governance and applied clinical governance workshop
- Event start: 2 Jun 2021 9:00am
- Event end: 4 Jun 2021 5:00pm
- Location: Online
The Health Quality & Safety Commission is partnering again with the Australasian Institute of Clinical Governance (AICG) to sponsor places on the online AICG certificate in clinical governance course and the applied clinical governance workshop.
Certificate in Clinical Governance
The course will empower organisations and their staff to provide better, safer patient care. It is a learning opportunity consisting of three comprehensive online learning modules (pre-work of approximately 21 hours of interactive learning) which are completed prior to attending an online workshop for each module.
The workshops take place via Zoom (eight contact hours per workshop) and will allow you to collaborate with health professionals to apply knowledge and skills through scenario-based case studies. The workshops complement the content in the online learning modules and align with components of clinical governance frameworks, adopted by your health organisation and/or your professional association. They also align with the New Zealand clinical governance framework outlined in Clinical Governance – guidance for health and disability providers.
The course is made of up three workshops and online learning modules:
- applied clinical governance workshop and the clinical governance online course
- building culture and collaboration workshop and the cultural and collaboration online course
- advanced leadership in health care workshop and the effective leadership in the health care setting online course.
Visit AICG certificate in clinical governance for a detailed outline.
Participants must complete all online learning modules and workshops to obtain the certificate. The course is designed to be flexible; the online learning modules can be completed in your own time, up to four weeks prior to the workshops. Workshops will be delivered on the following dates:
- Applied clinical governance 2 June 2021
- Building culture and collaboration 3 June 2021
- Advanced leadership in health care 4 June 2021
Full attendance and participation
The course has been carefully designed so that every workshop delivers learning that is essential to obtaining the certificate. As such, full attendance and participation for the duration of the course is essential. Expectations are:
- full commitment to complete four to six hours of pre-work prior to each workshop
- full commitment to attend all three eight-hour workshops.
Organisation sponsors are pivotal to the participant’s success. The role of the sponsor is to:
- enable the participant’s attendance and the time to apply the learning
- ensure the participant’s role stability to ensure continuity throughout the course
- maintain the priority of course attendance in the face of competing demands.
Applied Clinical Governance workshop
The Applied Clinical Governance workshop is an interactive one-day workshop where you will explore your role in clinical governance and learn how to apply clinical governance frameworks to your environment. You will learn how to identify systems and tools that can be used to develop skills to investigate patient safety issues and to develop strategies and action plans to support quality care.
As part of the workshop, you will also gain access to the Clinical Governance online course, which serves as the pre-reading for the workshop. The pre-reading consists of three modules:
- introduction to clinical governance
- the role of quality and safety in health care
- credentialing and professional development in clinical governance.
You are required to complete the online course, which will be made available four weeks prior to the workshop. You will need to spend approximately two hours per module on this online component, which can be completed over multiple days.
Visit AICG applied clinical governance one-day workshop for more information.
Apply for a sponsored space
The Commission will fund all course and workshop fees for the successful applicants. The participant’s organisation will contribute by supporting the participant’s allocated time for them to participate in all online learning modules and workshops.
To apply, liaise with your organisational sponsor then email your completed application form (116KB, docx) to email@example.com with ‘AICG clinical governance’ in the subject line. Applications must be received by 5pm on Friday 2 April 2021.