Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 30 November 2020
3 December 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 25 October 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,228,000 total paid jobs (up 640 or 0.03 percent)
- 104,600 paid jobs in primary industries (up 660 or 0.63 percent)
- 412,790 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 2,560 or 0.62 percent)
- 1,653,800 in services industries (down 2,570 or 0.16 percent)
- 56,810 in unclassified industries (no change).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,056.00 (up $14.60 or 1.40 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, email@example.com
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: