Source: Auckland Council
Learn to surf, build ocean confidence, and have fun with the girls.
The best way to make sure you are getting out in the water consistently and improving your skills.
The Surf Sistas Club is an ongoing weekly surfing program designed to help women of all ages and skill levels learn to surf and build more confidence in the ocean.
Regular attendees will be able to track their improvement on a week-by-week basis.
Above all else Surf Sistas is an awesome club for women with a huge fun factor.
This four week program runs at selected times from spring to autumn.
What is included:
- Surfboards (or bring your own)
- Wetsuits (or bring your own)
- 3 Dedicated, qualified, experienced and friendly coaches (Should numbers exceed, additional coaches in the water will work with a max 8:1 surfer to coach ratio, likely 6:1 ratio)
Every Sunday we will email you letting you know what beach we will be meeting at (Te Arai Point or Forestry beach – based on the conditions on the day).
- Beach awareness, understanding the wind and waves, oceans and tides and staying safe at the beach
- Surfboard design and use, sea entry and correct surfboard handling
- Catching waves with correct body and hand position, stopping your surfboard
- Catching waves with paddling technique, learning the pop up to stand technique
- Standing surfing position and riding a wave for as long as possible
- Better paddling techniques for speed and efficiency
- Getting out past breaking waves
- Reading waves and understanding the different types of waves, what to catch, when to and why
- Catching the unbroken wave
- Timing & take offs
- Frontside / backside turns and riding down the face of the wave