Source: Auckland Council
Panuku Development has today released its latest annual report.
The report covers Panuku’s performance for the period 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020. The city of Auckland is facing rapid growth. Quality development is required to accommodate this growth, and to ensure people love and can afford to live in Tāmaki Makaurau.
Panuku Development’s CEO David Rankin says, “Despite challenges, we’re proud to have made good progress this financial year. COVID-19 has shown us that neighbourhood resilience is more important than ever.
“As Auckland’s urban regeneration specialists, we’re now even more determined to shape spaces that Aucklander’s not only love, but that also make us stronger and more resilient in times of crisis.”
Some highlights of the last year include:
- on the waterfront, we are preparing for the America’s Cup, including planning for the future of the site once the event is over
- progressed waterfront projects including the restoration of the heritage Percy Vos Boat Shed, the new laneway Tiramarama Way and a marine village and promenade at Westhaven
- in Manukau we are working with the New Zealand Housing Foundation and Te Ākitai Waiohua to build a new neighbourhood of up to 300 homes on Kōtuitui Street
- the new MIT Park within Manukau has just completed construction and initiated the hand-over faze
- we have activated our newest Panuku priority location of Kia Puāwai a Pukekohe
- we made good progress in Northcote to consolidate our holding in the town centre, so we can redevelop it as a whole
- in Takapuna we took a significant step to building a new town square and construction is well underway for the new carpark on Huron Street
- in Avondale we are progressing plans for a new community facility and town square
- for Henderson we are welcoming Laidlaw College into the old Council Building which is a great result for the town centre
- in Panmure we’ve purchased two key sites which will contribute to the wider revitalisation of the neighbourhood
- for Onehunga we’ve been focusing on developing a masterplan for Onehunga Wharf
- within our property portfolio we have purchased 10 properties for parks and 21 properties for urban regeneration.
You can get all the detail on our performance in the annual report or watch this video to see our people talking about their highlights for the last year.