Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises motorists to expect some delays on State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road next week as work continues on the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Multiple worksites are active on SH30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road.
This week significant delays were experienced as a result of the closure of the left-turn slip lane into Sala Street. Waka Kotahi has made adjustments to the light phasing at the intersection which have helped reduce the delay times.
Motorists are still being asked to plan for moderate delays while the slip lane remains closed by allowing extra time for their journeys and travelling outside of peak hours when possible.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience while this work is completed.
Work underway on SH30/Te Ngae Road next week:
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Roundabout – work continues at this intersection as workers utilise the temporary roundabout. A 30km/h temporary speed limit is in place at all times as contractors upgrade services and the road surface.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – contractors continue to work on the new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street. At all times northbound traffic on Sala Street is down to one lane at this location. It’s expected the new slip lane will be open for use later this month.
Eastbound traffic on Te Ngae Road may be down to one lane during the day due to construction of a new kerb and shared path adjacent to Puarenga Park. This closure would be completed outside of peak travel times.
The left-turn slip lane from Te Ngae Road into Sala Street remains closed until early December. Left turn access at the intersection is restricted to light vehicles only during this time. Heavy vehicles need to use the approved detour route via SH30A/SH5.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure remains in place on SH30 outside Repco while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder and footpath closure remain in place on SH30 adjacent to Neil Hunt Park, Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 5pm while retaining wall works and shared path construction are completed.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills – Iles – a lane diversion and footpath closure is in place on SH30, between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road, at all times while service-related work is completed.
Contractors are completing earthworks, kerb construction and stormwater work along this stretch of road.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed. Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: