Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 26 October 2020
29 October 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 20 September 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,197,520 total paid jobs (up 510 or 0.02 percent)
- 99,280 paid jobs in primary industries (up 80 or 0.08 percent)
- 410,670 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 670 or 0.16 percent)
- 1,631,980 in services industries (up 1,120 or 0.07 percent)
- 55,590 in unclassified industries (down 1,360 or 2.39 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,043.68 (up $2.18 or 0.21 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, email@example.com
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: