Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 12 October 2020
15 October 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 6 September 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,207,690 total paid jobs (up 10,730 or 0.49 percent)
- 101,160 paid jobs in primary industries (up 630 or 0.63 percent)
- 411,720 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 2,260 or 0.55 percent)
- 1,637,720 in services industries (up 6,540 or 0.40 percent)
- 57,090 in unclassified industries (up 1,300 or 2.33 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,038.71 (up $3.71 or 0.36 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, email@example.com
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: