Source: Auckland Council
Enjoy the city centre at its best by joining a culture loving crowd for a night of art, exhibitions, light trails, music, and performance in the heart of the city.
Urban Art Village
Engage with a series of artistic structures created by students from the University of Auckland’s School of Architecture & Planning and installed in a temporary village on O’Connell Street.
Follow Me – Urban Art + Light Trail
Wander the streets of the city centre to follow a trail of 6 art and light installations. From Freyberg Place to Khartoum Place enjoy the unique daytime experience of these fun and artistic artworks that really come to life at night.
Late Night Art in Freyberg
The Ellen Melville Centre will be open for all to enjoy with a night of music, performance, fashion and live music in one of the city centre’s favourite spots – Freyberg Place.
Aotea Arts Quarter – Late Night Art
Auckland Art Gallery, Auckland Central Library and Auckland Live collaborate to celebrate Late Night Art as part of Artweek Auckland 2020. Explore the theme of movement through a range of performances and activities across the three Aotea Arts Quarter locations/settings.
Late Night Art Events and Exhibitions:
- Galleries open late
- Changing Lanes – temporary art installations
- Open Late in Freyberg – live music, fashion show and entertainment
- Drawing Club – Ellen Melville Centre
- Quick Draw sketch gang – Ellen Melville Centre
- Gus Fisher Gallery – The Medium is the Message: Television Now and Then
- Late Night Art at girl.xu Art Studio – Level 2, 35 High St
- Late Night Art at Cassette Nine – Vulcan Lane
- Chancery – pop up art exhibition
- Victoria Park Market – Dreamland exhibition
- MINE – To be Assembled – Exhibition 62 High Street