Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Earlier today, Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advised the opening of the new temporary signalised intersection at Te Maunga, which had been scheduled for today (Sunday 27 September), had been delayed temporarily.
Motorists are advised of the following updates.
Effective from now until 5am, Monday 28 September
State Highway 29A between Te Maunga and Baypark roundabouts will remain closed with detours in place along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road and Sandhurst Drive/Mangatawa Interchange.
Effective from 5am – 8pm, Monday 28 September
- From SH29A, motorists heading northbound (towards Mount Maunganui) must stay in the left lane for State Highway 2 Maunganui Road.
- From SH29A, motorists heading southbound (towards Papamoa/Te Puke) are advised to stay in the right lane; a detour remains in place along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road and Sandhurst Drive/Mangatawa Interchange.
- A lane closure is in place SH29A eastbound between Baypark roundabout and the railway crossing. A lane closure also applies in the northbound (right) lane from Truman Lane.
- No changes apply for motorists coming from SH2 Maunganui Road heading towards SH29A from the Te Maunga intersection.
- No changes apply for motorists heading towards Mount Maunganui or Tauriko coming from the Tauranga Eastern Link.
From 8pm onwards, Monday 28 September
The new temporary signalised intersection at the Te Maunga junction of State Highway 2 and 29A is expected to be operational.
Please take extra care, reduce your speed and follow directions of traffic management staff and signage.
Motorists are encouraged to visit the journey planner page for up to date information on road works, traffic, detours and delays.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
The temporary signalised intersection will be in place while work on the new SH2/SH29A interchange bridge at Te Maunga is underway.
For more information about the temporary signalised intersection at Te Maunga, please refer to the media release issued last week.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: