Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites will be in place along State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road between Sala Street and Iles Road, and from Iles Road to Fenton Street on State Highway 30A, in Rotorua next week.
Delays are expected as a result of these works. Where possible, the most disruptive work will be done at night to reduce the impact on motorists, while other work will require traffic management during the day.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – traffic on SH30 may experience delays as work takes place at the intersection of Te Ngae Road and Sala Street.
Contractors will be relocating stormwater assets on the eastbound side of the road (outside Puarenga Park). Traffic may be down to one lane outside peak hours from Monday 3 August at 9am to Friday 7 August at 3pm.
Contractors will also be completing traffic signal improvements at the intersection of Sala Street and Te Ngae Road as well as commencing work on the new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street.
- State Highway 30, Ngapuna Shops – eastbound traffic on SH30 will be down to one lane between Vaughan Road and Marino Road from Sunday 2 August to Friday 7 August between 3am and 3pm.
Contractors are completing the construction of a service trench in the road shoulder.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Repco at all times, Monday to Friday, while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Redwoods – minor delays are expected between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, as earthworks, watermain installation and shared path preparation works take place outside the Redwoods Park area (between Dixon Road and Puarenga Stream).
- State Highways 30 and 30A, Iles Road to Fenton Street – lane closures will be in place from Tuesday night to Sunday night between 7am and 5pm for surfacing maintenance works, with only one lane affected at any given time.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites, though we recommend using the footpath on the northern side of Te Ngae Road, as sections of the footpath on the southern side has been removed outside Neil Hunt Park and the Redwoods Park. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: