Source: New Zealand Parliament
This Member’s Bill would facilitate the swift resolution of uninhabitable property claims lodged with insurance companies.
This bill would provide:
- a legal framework and parameters for when insurance companies must act by;
- an opportunity for the time frame to be extended in extreme circumstances at the Minister’s discretion;
- a faster response and resolution for claimants;
- less stress and emotional burden for claimants affected by drawn out insurance claims; and
- clarity surrounding the claim process in regards to targets and deadlines.
The Chair of the Committee would like to hear your thoughts on this bill.
Tell the Governance and Administration Committee what you think
Make a submission on the bill. The closing date has yet to be decided.
For more details about the bill:
For media enquiries contact:
Governance and Administration Committee staff