Source: New Zealand Treasury:
Finance Minister Grant Robertson today outlined a $12.1 billion package to support New Zealanders, their jobs and businesses from the impact of COVID-19.
The $12.1 billion package includes:
- Initial $500 million boost for health
- $5.1 billion in wage subsidies for affected businesses in all sectors and regions, available from today
- $126 million in COVID-19 leave and self-isolation support
- $2.8 billion income support package for our most vulnerable, including a permanent $25 per week benefit increase and a doubling of the Winter Energy Payment for 2020
- $100 million redeployment package
- $2.8 billion in business tax changes to free up cashflow, including a provisional tax threshold lift, the reinstatement of building depreciation and writing off interest on the late payment of tax
- $600 million initial aviation support package
You can read the Minister’s statement to Parliament, media release and fact sheets providing more information about some of the key initiatives, using the links below.