Source: Privacy Commissioner
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Forward thinking, dynamic Crown entity
- Collaborative and supportive environment
- Flexible working arrangements
Privacy is precious – help us protect it
We are Aotearoa New Zealand’s privacy regulator – a small, independent crown entity established to protect and promote individual privacy.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Legal Adviser to join our Legal team. You would assist with drafting legal opinions and codes of practice, provide legal advice and contribute to various work streams in the office. You would also undertake legal research and analysis, public and media enquiries and promote the public understanding and awareness of privacy matters. This would also be a great opportunity for someone who has gained practical experience with the interpretation and application of GDPR or other privacy regimes.
You will be joining an organisation that has a strong focus on diversity and inclusion and is committed to upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years relevant PQE
- Experience applying legal skills (experience in privacy law, regulatory compliance and/or public law would be highly valued)
- Excellent statutory interpretation skills
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- An interest in how privacy intersects with human rights law and policy
- A desire to continuously learn and upskill
- High attention to detail
- A collaborative, can-do attitude
This could also be a great opportunity for someone looking to step up into a Senior Legal position. It is an exciting time to join us with a new Privacy Commissioner and a modern Privacy Act that expands our role as a regulator. You would be rewarded with working in a progressive and innovative organisation where your contribution is valued and what you do can help make a difference to people’s lives. We have a strong focus on professional development and offer flexible working options.
This role is Wellington based but we would consider it being Auckland based if it is a good fit for both parties.
You must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
If this role sounds like you please apply here.
All applications require a covering letter to explain why you consider yourself suitable for the role, and a CV.
For any enquiries, please email Andy on email@example.com
Role closes Monday 18th July 2022 at 9am