Source: New Zealand Parliament – Hansard
PETITIONS, PAPERS, SELECT COMMITTEE REPORTS, AND INTRODUCTION OF BILLS
SPEAKER: A petition has been presented to the Clerk for presentation.
CLERK: Petition of Barnabas Fund New Zealand requesting that the House urge the Government to officially recognise as genocide the mass murder of Armenian, Assyrian, Syriac, and Greek Christians in the Ottoman Empire.
SPEAKER: That petition stands referred to the Petitions Committee.
On 17 May, the Ministry for the Environment, Manatū Mō Te Taiao, Aotearoa New Zealand’s First Emissions Reduction Plan, together with Aotearoa New Zealand’s First Emissions Reduction Plan: Table of Actions were presented. Those papers are published under the authority of the House.
Select committee reports have been delivered for presentation.
- Report of the Finance and Expenditure Committee on the Reserve Bank of New Zealand’s Financial Stability Report May 2022.
- Report of the Justice Committee on the petition of Karl Thomas.
- Reports of the Regulations Review Committee on the complaint about the Resource Management (National Environmental Standards for Freshwater) Regulations 2020.
- And on the examination of COVID-19 orders presented between 16 and 29 March 2022.
SPEAKER: The reports of the Finance and Expenditure and Regulations Review committees are set down for consideration. The Clerk has been informed of the introduction of bills.
- Appropriation (2020/21 Supplementary Estimates) Bill introduction.
- Repeal of Good Friday and Easter Sunday as Restricted Trading Days (Shop Trading and Sale of Alcohol) Amendment Bill introduction.
- Electoral (Strengthening Democracy) Amendment Bill introduction.
- Increased Penalties for Breach of Biosecurity Bill introduction.
SPEAKER: Those bills are set down for first reading.