Source: Auckland Council
Gather the whānau, slip slop slap (the sun can still be harsh even though the weather is cooling down), and bring along your gardening gear.
Both Waiheke Resources Trust and Sustainability Centre and Conservation Volunteers New Zealand are hosting community planting days over the next couple of months, with support from Waiheke Local Board and various other organisations.
“Planting days are a great way to get to know people,” says Waiheke Local Board chairperson Cath Handley.
“They also help restore our waterways, mitigate climate change, and enhance our ecosystems. They are the ultimate win-win.”
Resources Trust & Sustainability Centre’s “Love Our Wetlands Waiheke” Community Planting Days:
- Sunday 22 May, 10am – 12.30pm at Rangihoua Wetland (meet at Onetangi Sports Park’s carpark)
- Sunday 26 June, 10am – 12.30pm at Owhanake Wetland
- Sunday 24 July, 10am – 12.30pm at Rangihoua Wetland (meet at Onetangi Sports Park’s carpark)
- Sunday 14 August, 10am – 12.30pm, Location TBC
For more info please call 09 372 2915 or email email@example.com
Conservation Volunteers NZ Waiheke Island Community Planting Days:
- Saturday 11 June, 1pm – 3.30pm at Awaawaroa Wetland
- Sunday 12 June, 10am – 12.30pm at Awaawaroa Wetland
- Saturday 18 June, 1pm – 3.30pm at Awaawaroa Wetland
- Sunday 19 June, 10am – 12.30pm at Awaawaroa Wetland
For more information and bookings please contact Gemma on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 567 686.
What to bring
- All events will provide some kai afterwards, but bring some snacks of your own too
- Full water bottle
- Spades for Resources Trust & Sustainability Centre dates
What to wear
- Comfortable work or walking boots that will protect your feet and ankles
- Long trousers and long-sleeved shirts
- Rain jacket
- Wide-brimmed hat
Resources Trust & Sustainability Centre requests you bring your own spades if you have them.
CVNZ will provide all the tools for their events as well as gloves and vests.