Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is reminding motorists that multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua next week, as part of the Eastern Corridor project.
Contractors will be following strict industry standards provided by Construction Health and Safety NZ (CHASNZ) to ensure the safety of workers and road users. People must maintain safe physical distancing of two metres when walking/cycling near the sites.
Some delays are expected at times, and motorists are advised to plan and allow extra time for their journeys. There may be an increase in people walking and cycling around the site, so please be careful when driving near them.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 5 December:
- State Highway 30, Te Ngae Road and Sala Street intersection: Contractors continue work to improve the shared path at the corner of Sala Street and SH30/Te Ngae Road. This will be done under an off-peak shoulder closure and may cause minor delays.
- Tarawera Road: Contractors continue to reinstate the watermains. This work will require shoulder closures in both directions and is not expected to cause delays.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Road to Neil Hunt Park: Works continue to complete the landscaping and top soiling next to the shared path. This will require a shoulder closure and a lane shift on the eastern side of Tarawera Road, which may cause minor delays.
- State Highway30, Marino Road: Contractors continue work on the shared path and seating area at the corner of Marino Road. This work will require eastbound off-peak lane closures, which may cause minor delays.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road to Iles Road: Contractors continue work on the shared path on the northern side of SH30/Te Ngae Road. This work requires eastbound lane closures during off-peak hours, which may cause moderate delays.
The installation of street lights and shared path work on the southern side of SH30/Te Ngae Road between Allen Mills Road to Iles Road continues. Access for people walking and cycling will be maintained with traffic management in place. This work will be done under westbound off-peak lane closures and may cause moderate delays.
- State Highway 30, Tennyson Drive intersection: Contractors continue work to complete the raised safety platforms, installing traffic signs and landscaping at Tennyson Drive. This work will be done under a shoulder closure which may cause moderate delays.
Temporary speed limits of 30km/h or 50km/h are in place for everyone’s safety at the above work sites, including when workers are off-site.
All pedestrian crossings at the SH30/Te Ngae Road and Tarawera Road intersection are now open, providing safe crossing points. People walking and cycling are encouraged to use the signalised crossings at Sala Street, Iles Road, Marino Road and Tarawera Road.
Most of the shared path is now open and works are underway to complete the last sections of the shared path on the northern side of Te Ngae Road between Marino and Iles roads.
Access for people walking and cycling is maintained throughout the whole site.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: