Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
29 July 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 20 June 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,281,470 total paid jobs (up 4,880 or 0.21 percent)
- 96,550 paid jobs in primary industries (down 220 or 0.23 percent)
- 429,630 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 590 or 0.14 percent)
- 1,694,390 paid jobs in services industries (up 5,190 or 0.31 percent)
- 60,900 paid jobs in unclassified industries (up 510 or 0.84 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,086.17 (down $10.66 or 0.97 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: