Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/ Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua this week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected at times and motorists are advised to plan for these delays and allow extra time for their journeys.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 11 July
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge underpass – The Puarenga Bridge underpass is open with pedestrians and cyclists requested to take care as contractors continue with landscaping works through this area.
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge – Contractors will be working to widen the footpath on the northern side of the Puarenga Bridge to join with the shared path at either end of the bridge. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times as this work progresses.
- State Highway 30, median, east of Puarenga Bridge – Contractors continue with landscaping works at the median east of the Puarenga Bridge. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street to Vaughan Road – The footpath on the northern side remains closed for public safety as contractors complete the shared path construction and landscaping works in this area. Shoulder/lane closures may be in place during off-peak times as part of these works.
- State Highway 30, Ngapuna shops to Marino Road – Contractors are working along the northern side of SH30/ Te Ngae Road from just east of Ngapuna shops to Marino Road connecting services, surfacing against new kerbs and completing shared path works. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera roundabout – The last temporary roundabout remains in place as contractors continue to install poles and lanterns for the traffic lights. Final base layer of surfacing has now been laid. Due to weather delays, the intersection is due to be under signalised control by mid-July. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Road – Contractors continue working intermittently on the new watermain along the footpath. Traffic management will be in place and may include off-peak Stop/ Go operations. The footpath will remain open.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road to Iles Road – Pedestrian access through this section is for business access and residents only as there is no through access to Rotorua CBD. See below map for pedestrian access routes.
Temporary speed limits of 30km/h or 50km/h are in place at the above work sites, including when workers are off-site.
Pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use the signalised crossings at either Sala Street or Iles Road, and the temporary pedestrian crossing at Tarawera Road.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: