Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
1 July 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 23 May 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,269,420 total paid jobs (up 5,810 or 0.26 percent)
- 99,860 paid jobs in primary industries (up 160 or 0.16 percent)
- 429,870 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 530 or 0.12 percent)
- 1,679,190 in services industries (up 4,610 or 0.28 percent)
- 60,500 in unclassified industries (up 500 or 0.83 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,082.41 (down $3.10 or 0.29 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: