Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
30 June 2021
The annual enterprise survey (AES) is New
Zealand’s most comprehensive source of financial statistics covering around
500,000 businesses. It provides annual information on the financial performance
and financial position for industry groups operating in New Zealand.
Provisional results for all Annual Enterprise
Survey industries for the 2020 financial year, compared with 2019:
- total income increased $4.6 billion (0.6
percent) to $733.3 billion
- total expenditure increased $19.9 billion
(3.1 percent) to $654.9 billion
- businesses earned $79.4 billion in surplus
before income tax – down $17.9 billion (18.4 percent)
- total assets increased $162 billion (7.3
percent) to $2.4 trillion
- businesses made a 3 percent return on assets
– down by 1 percentage point.
The 2020 Annual Enterprise Survey results
were impacted by both COVID-19 and a new accounting standard.
Visit our website to read this information
release and to download CSV files: