Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/ Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua this week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected at times and motorists are advised to plan for these delays and allow extra time for their journeys.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 27 June:
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge underpass – The Puarenga Bridge underpass is now open. Underpass users are asked to take care as contractors continue with landscaping works through this area.
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge – Contractors will be working to widen the footpath on the Puarenga Bridge to join with the shared path at either end of the bridge. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times as this work progresses.
- State Highway 30, median, east of Puarenga Bridge – Contractors continue working in the median east of the Puarenga Bridge as they back-fill against new kerbing in preparation for surfacing which is weather dependent. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street to Vaughan Road – Power contractors will work to remove the power poles through this section as part of the undergrounding of power lines along SH30/ Te Ngae Road. The shared path on the northern side remains closed for public safety. Shoulder/lane closures may be in place during off-peak times as part of these works.
- State Highway 30, Ngapuna shops to Marino Road – Contractors are working along the northern side of SH30/ Te Ngae Road connecting services, preparing driveways, kerbing and shared path for concrete. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera roundabout – The last temporary roundabout remains in place as contractors complete the remaining service connections, installing cabling and poles for the traffic lights before preparing the last sections of road for surfacing so the signalised intersection can be installed. Due to weather delays, the intersection is due to be operational by early-July. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Road – Contractors continue installing the new watermain along the footpath. Traffic management will be in place and may include off-peak Stop/ Go operations. The footpath will remain open.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road to Iles Road – Pedestrian access through this section is for business access and residents only as there is no through access to Rotorua CBD. See below map for pedestrian access routes.
Below: The improved Puarenga Bridge underpass is now open.