Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/ Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua this week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected at times and motorists are advised to plan for these delays and allow extra time for their journeys.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 13 June:
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge underpass – The Puarenga Bridge underpass is planned to be open by mid-late June.
- State Highway 30, access to Puarenga Stream path – Works are underway on the shared path connecting the southern side of SH30/ Te Ngae Road shared path to the Puarenga Stream path. Access through this section will be narrowed substantially from 6am Tuesday 15 June until 6pm on Wednesday 16 June to allow for concrete placing and curing.
- State Highway 30, median, east of Puarenga Bridge – Contractors are working in the median east of the Puarenga Bridge as they construct the turning bay opposite Hume Pine and the connection to the bridge median. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street to Vaughan Road – The shared path on the northern side remains closed for public safety due to substantial delays in upgrading of services along this section. Shoulder/ lane closures may be in place during off-peak times as contractors work on kerb, channel and shared path through this section.
- State Highway 30, Vaughan Road – The Vaughan Road entrance slip lane from SH30/ Te Ngae Road will be closed on Monday 14 June and re-opened at 6:30am on Wednesday 16 June. This will allow contractors to pour and cure concrete at the slip lane. Additional lane closures on SH30/ Te Ngae Road may be required as part of these works.
- State Highway 30, Ngapuna shops to Marino Road – Contractors are working along the northern side of SH30/ Te Ngae Road preparing driveways and the shared path for concrete pouring. Lane closures may be in place during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera roundabout – The last temporary roundabout remains in place as contractors complete the remaining sections of road and cabling for the traffic lights before the signalised intersection is installed later this month. Lane closures may be required during off-peak times.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Road – Contractors continue installing the new watermain along the footpath. Traffic management will be in place and may include off-peak Stop/ Go operations. The footpath will remain open.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road to Iles Road – Contractors will be laying the final layer of surfacing on the two eastbound lanes through this section on Thursday 17 June and Friday 18 June, weather dependent. Lane closures will be in place as part of these works. Pedestrian access through this section is for business access and residents only as there is no through access to Rotorua CBD. See below map for pedestrian access routes.
Temporary speed limits of 30km/h or 50km/h are in place at the above work sites, including when workers are off-site.
Pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use the signalised crossings at either Sala Street or Iles Road, and the temporary pedestrian crossing at Tarawera Road.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: