Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
10 June 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 2 May 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,275,860 total paid jobs (up 2,890 or 0.13 percent)
- 102,780 paid jobs in primary industries (up 780 or 0.76 percent)
- 432,210 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 2,920 or 0.68 percent)
- 1,678,400 in services industries (down 2,270 or 0.14 percent)
- 62,470 in unclassified industries (up 1,460 or 2.39 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,092.00 (down $4.15 or 0.38 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: