Source: New Zealand Parliament
This bill seeks to make amendments to the Education and Training Act 2020 including:
- clarifying safety checking processes for children’s workers and school employees
- extending the ban on charging trainees a compulsory student services fee by one year
- clarifying that only people holding a teaching position can use physical restraint
- amending certain other provisions in regard to rules around intervention by the Secretary for Education and regulation-making powers around licensing of service providers.
It also aims to make some technical changes to the Act and regulations to ensure consistency. These would include:
- clarifying the early childhood education regulation-making powers in section 636
- clarifying the agencies to which any ministerial statement of expectations could apply
Tell the Education and Workforce Committee what you think
Make a submission on the bill by midnight on 25 June 2021.
For more details about the bill:
For media enquiries contact:
Education and Workforce Committee Staff
04 817 9020