Source: New Zealand Treasury:
Accessible HTML version
Only the Proposal and Background sections of this Cabinet paper are extracted below in HTML. If you require a full HTML version please contact [email protected] and cite DEV-19-SUB-0181 as a reference.
Cabinet Paper DEV-19-SUB-0181: DEV Strategic Discussion: Update on the Economic Strategy
- This paper provides a revised Economic Strategy framework and outline for the Economic Strategy document for discussion at the Cabinet Economic Development Committee (DEV) on 26 June 2019.
- The Minister for Economic Development and I have updated the Economic Strategy framework we presented to the DEV Strategic Sub Committee on 22 May 2019 [DEV-19-MIN-0107]. At that meeting we heard that the framework should be revised to:
- better reflect this Government’s vision and approach;
- clarify how cross-cutting work like housing and education would fit across the six policy focus areas; and
- make the Economic Strategy’s causal logic clearer.
- The Minister for Economic Development is also launching our Industry Policy on 2 July 2019. The Industry Policy report signals the six policy focus areas the Government is using to shape and organise its work