Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises resurfacing works will take place this week in multiple locations on State Highway 5 Old Taupō Road in Mangakakahi/Fairy Springs.
These works are part of the Waka Kotahi spring/summer road maintenance programme, which will see repairs and reseals on state highways across the Bay of Plenty.
Lane shifts will be in place, with a lane open in each direction at all times. A 30km/h temporary speed limit will apply during the below works, which will take place overnight between 7pm and 6am.
Monday 22 March and Tuesday 23 March
- SH5 Old Taupō Road, southbound between Sunset Road and Depot Street
Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 March
- SH5 Old Taupō Road, northbound between Clayton Road and View Road (Koutu Corner)
- SH5 Old Taupō Road, southbound between Gilltrap Street and Depot Street
- SH5 Old Taupō Road, northbound between Shirley Street and Sunset Road.
Friday 26 March
- SH5 Old Taupō Road, northbound between View Road and Clayton Road
These works are in addition to those communicated last week’s traffic bulletin:
Rotorua District / Eastern Bay of Plenty road works for the week beginning 22 March
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed. Visit the interactive Waka Kotahi Journey Planner website for the latest information on roadworks, traffic, road closures and detours to help plan your trip.
Journey Planner(external link)
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: