Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
25 February 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more a timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 17 January 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,189,670 total paid jobs (up 33,060 or 1.53 percent)
- 113,390 paid jobs in primary industries (up 2,060 or 1.85 percent)
- 419,530 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 9,200 or 2.24 percent)
- 1,600,950 in services industries (up 22,610 or 1.43 percent)
- 55,810 in unclassified industries (down 800 or 1.41 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,064.47 (down $8.03 or 0.75 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: