Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
16 February 2021
International travel covers the number and characteristics of overseas visitors and New Zealand resident travellers (short-term movements) entering or leaving New Zealand.
In the December 2020 year compared with the December 2019 year, the number of overseas visitor arrivals was 996,400, down by 2.89 million.
The biggest changes were in overseas visitor arrivals from:
- Australia (down 1.18 million)
- China (down 348,600)
- United States (down 243,100)
- United Kingdom (down 137,500).
In the same period, the number of New Zealand-resident traveller arrivals was 681,900, down by 2.42 million.
The biggest changes were in New Zealand-resident traveller arrivals from:
- Australia (down 1.00 million)
- Fiji (down 164,400)
- United States (down 164,300)
- China (down 105,100)
- United Kingdom (down 103,500).
Visit our website to read this information release: