Source: New Zealand Parliament
Monday 15 February 2021
Following the Business Committee this morning, arrangements for Parliament at alert level 2 have been agreed, Speaker Trevor Mallard said today.
“Physical distancing in the Chamber will be required and so the number of members in the house will be reduced. Numbers for each party will be allocated in proportion to their caucus size. An unlimited number of proxies will be available so members will not be required to travel to Wellington.” The public gallery will be closed.
Select committees may meet in person provided physical distancing can be practised. Members may, however, attend by video conference. Members of the public will not be able to attend select committee hearings in person, and witness are expected to provide evidence via video conference or teleconference.
An outline of the planned business before the house is below.
TUESDAY 16 FEBRUARY
2 pm Questions
3 pm Government business
- Taxation (COVID-19 Resurgence Support Payments and Other Matters) Bill All stages
WEDNESDAY 17 FEBRUARY
2 pm Questions
3 pm General debate
4 pm Government business
- Approval of four Covid-19 orders
THURSDAY 18 FEBRUARY
As previously advised, some further information regarding Parliament this week is below:
Visitor Centre, tours and education visits
- The Visitor Centre will be closed and tours will not be operating under Alert Level 2.
- Education visits will also not be operating under Alert Level 2.
Eateries and catering
- Eateries will be open and catering will be available. The guidelines set out for restaurants, cafes and bars in alert level two will be followed.
For further enquiries please contact:
Office of the Speaker
+64 21 872 397