Source: Eastern Institute of Technology – Tairāwhiti
9 mins ago
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to develop, our focus is on keeping EIT students and staff safe.
AUCKLAND CAMPUS (Alert Level 3)
EIT Auckland campus will be closed from Monday 15 February to Friday 19 February. This means for the first week of Term 1 your courses will be delivered online. Your programme coordinator will be in touch.
HAWKES BAY, TAIRĀWHITI AND OTHER REGIONAL LEARNING CENTRES (Alert Level 2)
We are open. Teaching and learning will continue as normal, but physical distancing is required: 1m while you are at EIT.
If you have recently come from Auckland, the Ministry of Health considers you low risk and can return to EIT’s campus and Regional Learning Centres. If you have flu like symptoms however, or have been to a location of interest, or considered a close or casual contact, please contact the dedicated COVID-19 Healthline 0800 358 5453 for further advice.
Please continue to record your movements either through the NZ COVID Tracer app, (you will be able to do this whilst on campus) or a personal diary. Hard copy registers are for visitors and contractors at most reception areas.
If you have questions around your programme, and the “next steps”, please get in touch with your programme coordinator.
Some tips from the Ministry of Health:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water often, for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough or sneeze by covering your mouth and nose with tissues. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with more than 60 percent alcohol.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Do not come to EIT if you feel unwell.
We will text and email you for significant updates. Check our Facebook page and this website page for the latest updates. Please also contact your programme coordinator for queries relating to your programme. For all other queries, please email email@example.com