Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
11 February 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more a timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 3 January 2021:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,158,810 total paid jobs (down 46,580 or 2.11 percent)
- 107,830 paid jobs in primary industries (down 4,340 or 3.87 percent)
- 404,950 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 13,440 or 3.21 percent)
- 1,589,720 in services industries (down 28,190 or 1.74 percent)
- 56,320 in unclassified industries (down 600 or 1.05 percent)
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,077.25 (up $2.25 or 0.21 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: