Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
4 February 2021
The experimental weekly series provides an early indicator of employment and labour market changes in a more a timely manner than the monthly employment indicators series.
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 27 December 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,205,390 total paid jobs (down 79,930 or 3.50 percent)
- 112,170 paid jobs in primary industries (down 6,550 or 5.52 percent)
- 418,390 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 6,980 or 1.64 percent)
- 1,617,910 in services industries (down 66,010 or 3.92 percent)
- 56,920 in unclassified industries (down 390 or 0.68 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,075.00 (up $3.00 or 0.28 percent).
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: