Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 14 December 2020
17 December 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 8 November 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,231,830 total paid jobs (up 1,540 or 0.07 percent)
- 107,200 paid jobs in primary industries (up 390 or 0.37 percent percent)
- 415,880 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 1,450 or 0.35 percent)
- 1,653,260 in services industries (up 5,350 or 0.32 percent)
- 55,490 in unclassified industries (down 2,750 or 4.72 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,057.69 (down $5.73 or 0.54 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, email@example.com
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: