Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 7 December 2020
10 December 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 1 November 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,230,290 total paid jobs (up 2,290 or 0.10 percent)
- 106,810 paid jobs in primary industries (up 2,210 or 2.11 percent)
- 417,330 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 4,540 or 1.10 percent)
- 1,647,910 in services industries (down 5,890 or 0.36 percent)
- 58,240 in unclassified industries (up 1,430 or 2.52 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,063.42 (up $7.42 or 0.70 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, email@example.com
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: