Source: New Zealand Parliament – Hansard
TUESDAY, 1 DECEMBER 2020
The Speaker took the Chair at 2 p.m.
PETITIONS, PAPERS, SELECT COMMITTEE REPORTS, AND INTRODUCTION OF BILLS
SPEAKER: No select committee reports have been delivered for presentation. A petition has been delivered to the Clerk.
CLERK: Petition of Sophie Handford requesting that the House of Representatives support a climate emergency declaration, provide for net zero carbon, end fossil fuel exploration and extraction, invest in a sustainable economy, and honour its responsibility to the Pacific.
SPEAKER: That petition stands referred to the Petitions Committee. Ministers have delivered papers.
- Report in relation to selected non-departmental appropriations for the year ended 30 June 2020:
- Minister of Tourism for Vote Business, Science and Innovation
- Minister of Customs for Vote Customs, and
- Minister of Education for Vote Education;
- annual reports for 2019-20 for:
- Kāinga Ora
- Parliamentary Counsel Office
- Crown Law
- New Zealand Customs Service
- Ministry for the Environment
- Environmental Protection Authority
- Ministry of Education
- Education Review Office
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority, and
- Ministry for Women;
- statement of performance expectations 2020-21 for:
- Te Kāhui Tātari Ture | Criminal Cases Review Commission and
- New Zealand Trade and Enterprise;
- statement of intent 2020-24 for Te Kāhui Tātari Ture | Criminal Cases Review Commission;
- statement of intent 2020-25, Ministry for the Environment;
- strategic intentions 2020-24 for the Parliamentary Counsel Office; and
- Ministry of Education report on the compulsory schools sector in New Zealand 2019.
SPEAKER: Those papers are published under the authority of the House. The Clerk has been informed of the introduction of bills.
- Holidays (Increasing Sick Leave) Amendment Bill introduction.
- COVID-19 Public Health Response Amendment Bill introduction.
- Drug and Substance Checking Legislation Bill introduction.
SPEAKER: Those bills are set down for first reading.