Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua next week. This work is part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected as a result of these works and may be significant at times – particularly at the Tarawera Road and Sala Street intersections.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – work continues at the SH30/Sala Street intersection as the upgrade continues. Delays are still expected at times as a result of this work.
The new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street is expected to be opened this week, once contractors have completed final touches to the new surface.
Eastbound traffic on Te Ngae Road may be down to one lane during the day due to construction of a new shared path outside Puarenga Park.
The left-turn slip lane from Te Ngae Road into Sala Street is closed until early December. Left turn access at the intersection will be restricted to light vehicles only during this time. Delays of up to 15 minutes may be experienced during peak travel times while the closure is in place.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Roundabout – the roundabout will be reduced to one lane in all directions on Monday from 7pm to 5am. This work is being completed overnight to avoid the busiest travel times. Stop/Go traffic management will be in place to allow service-related work to take place across Tarawera Road. Short delays are expected.
- State Highway 30, Redwoods Centre – the inside lanes in both directions of Te Ngae Road will be closed between 7pm to 5am on Monday to allow contractors to remove the gantry sign and street light located in the central median.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure remains in place on SH30 outside Repco while retaining wall works and road construction of the service lane are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder and footpath closure remain in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park, Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 5pm while retaining wall works and shared path construction are completed.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills – Iles – a lane diversion and footpath closure are in place on SH30, between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road, at all times. Contractors are completing earthworks and kerb construction along this stretch of road.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed. Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: