Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 2 November 2020
5 November 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 27 September 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,215,190 total paid jobs (up 17,670 or 0.80 percent)
- 98,930 paid jobs in primary industries (down 350 or 0.35 percent)
- 411,220 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (up 550 or 0.13 percent)
- 1,649,340 in services industries (up 17,360 or 1.06 percent)
- 55,690 in unclassified industries (up 100 or 0.18 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,040.47 (down $3.21 or 0.31 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, email@example.com
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: