Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua next week. This work is part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected as a result of these works and may be significant at times – particularly at the Tarawera Road and Sala Street intersection.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Roundabout – A new temporary roundabout layout is in place.
The new layout is larger than the original roundabout and maintains the same lane formation as people are used to. A 30km/h temporary speed limit is in place at all times. Contractors are upgrading services and the road surface at the intersection.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – work to upgrade the SH30/Sala Street intersection continues. Delays are still expected at times as a result of this work.
Contractors continue to work on the new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street. At all times northbound traffic on Sala Street will be down to one lane at the intersection. Eastbound traffic on Te Ngae Road may be down to one lane during the day.
The left-turn slip lane from Te Ngae Road into Sala Street will be closed from Monday 2 November until early December. Left turn access at the intersection will be restricted to light vehicles only during this time. Heavy vehicles will need to use the approved detour via State Highway 30A/State Highway 5. The detour route will add approximately 7-10 minutes to a journey.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure remains in place on SH30 outside Repco while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder and footpath closure remain in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park, Monday to Friday, between 7.30am and 5pm while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road – Iles Road – a lane diversion and footpath closure is in place on SH30, between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road, at all times while service-related work is completed.
Contractors are installing stormwater services and completing earthworks.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites, though we recommend using the footpath on the northern side of Te Ngae Road, as sections of the footpath on the southern side have been removed outside Neil Hunt Park and the Redwoods Park. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed. Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: