Source: MIL-OSI Submissions
Employment indicators: Weekly as at 19 October 2020
22 October 2020
The 6-day series includes jobs with a pay period equal to or less than 7 days, while the 20-day series covers jobs with pay periods of 14 days or fewer. The 34-day series includes all jobs regardless of their pay period.
The 34-day series indicated that for the latest week, the week ended 13 September 2020:
- the number of paid jobs (compared with the previous week) were:
- 2,197,010 total paid jobs (down 10,680 or 0.48 percent)
- 99,200 paid jobs in primary industries (down 1,960 or 1.94 percent)
- 410,000 paid jobs in goods-producing industries (down 1,720 or 0.42 percent)
- 1,630,860 in services industries (down 6,860 or 0.42 percent)
- 56,950 in unclassified industries (down 140 or 0.25 percent).
- the median income (compared with the previous week) was:
- $1,041.50 (up $2.79 or 0.27 percent).
Stats NZ COVID-19 data portal presents the data in graphical format.
For technical enquiries contact: David Hein, Wellington, 04 931 4600, firstname.lastname@example.org
For media enquiries contact: James Weir, Wellington, 021 285 9191, email@example.com
The Government Statistician authorises all statistics and data we publish.
Visit our website to read this information release and to download CSV files: