Source: New Zealand Transport Agency
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites will be in place along State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road in Rotorua next week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected as a result of these works and may be significant at times. Where possible, the most disruptive work will be done at night to reduce the impact on motorists, while other work will require traffic management during the day.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – traffic on SH30 may experience delays as work continues at the intersection of Te Ngae Road and Sala Street.
Contractors will be installing a watermain and completing the construction of a shared service trench on the eastbound side of the road (outside Puarenga Park). Traffic may be down to one lane outside peak hours from 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Contractors will also be completing traffic signal improvements at the intersection of Sala Street and Te Ngae Road, and continuing work on the new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street. At all times northbound traffic on Sala Street will be down to one lane at the Sala Street/Te Ngae Road intersection.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Repco at all times while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Redwoods – minor delays are expected between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while watermain installation and shared path preparation and construction works take place outside the Redwoods Park area (between the Redwoods Centre and Puarenga Stream).
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills – Iles – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road between 7:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, to allow contractors to install a watermain and construct a shared service trench.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road, and outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites, though we recommend using the footpath on the northern side of Te Ngae Road, as sections of the footpath on the southern side has been removed outside Neil Hunt Park and the Redwoods Park. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: