18 August 2020
What we are doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Pharmaco (NZ) Limited (“Pharmaco”) for the supply of patient warming and cooling products to DHBs.
In summary this will result in:
- Pharmaco’s patient warming and cooling products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of patient warming and cooling products as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and Wholesalers
- DHB clinical and technical staff, including but not limited to:
- Anaesthetists and Anaesthetic Technicians
- Clinical engineers
- ICU Clinicians
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
Detail about this decision
After completing the RFP evaluation process and consulting on the provisional Agreement with Pharmaco, PHARMAC has decided to list the patient warming and cooling products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2020.
DHBs can continue to choose which patient warming and cooling products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase patient warming and cooling products from Pharmaco must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement from 1 October 2020.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Pharmaco on the appropriate use of its product, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
This is the final agreement to result from the RFP for patient warming and cooling products.
Our response to what you told us
Consultation feedback received by 13 August 2020 was considered in the entirety in making the decision to list patient warming and cooling products supplied by Pharmaco. The only feedback received was that there were no technical or resource impacts expected as a result of this proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.
Last updated: 20 August 2020