Source: Auckland Council
Get your bubble through this lockdown by checking out the #WeGotThisNZ challenge on the GooseChase app.
The online game has lots of family-friendly missions for you to complete together in the comfort of your own home – guaranteed to keep kids (young and old) active and occupied. New missions will be added regularly to keep the game fresh.
Auckland Council’s Activation Advisor Jacquelyn Collins says, “The game is targeted at school-aged children, but it’s a great way for anyone to beat lockdown boredom. Missions are easy to complete and are centered around play and physical activity.
“Last lockdown, we had nearly 600 teams participating in the #WeGotThisNZ Lockdown Challenge completing over 10,000 missions. We hope to help more Aucklanders have a bit of fun while staying at home.”
It’s quick and easy to get started:
- Search for and download the free GooseChase app in the app store (Android and iOS)
- Open the app and either play as a guest or sign up for a new account
- Join the game by searching for ‘WeGotThisNZ – Round Two’ or the code X39JB4. Either go solo, join as a family team or with flatmates (must play with your same household)
- After joining you will be taken straight to the mission list, so get playing.
All challenges follow the COVID-19 Alert Level 3 rules.
Remember, in Alert Level 3 there are significant restrictions and closures. Here are some that will impact your whānau:
- All playgrounds and other facilities within our parks, like park benches and basketball courts, are closed.
- Exercising in your local park is ok but remember to keep a 2 metre physical distance from others outside of your bubble.